Ramadan 2017 is fast approaching and with only 2 weeks to go, it’s time to re-visit a few Lifestyle Optimisation Strategies of old. Clear up the clutter now so you can take advantage of every opportunity during the month of Ramadan.
Here are a few tips I’ve used over the years to prepare for the blessed month:
- Make up previous year’s missed fasts / Pay Fidyah, etc. depending on your circumstances
- Take advantage of fasting during the month of Sha’ban
- Recite Quran – if possible, complete your current recitation and begin a new one in the month of Ramadan
- Get a good sleep cycle going so you can handle waking up for Suhoor
- Cut down on socialising and social media so you can avoid unnecessary talk/chat, etc
- Talk to the kids and prepare them for the change in routine ahead – Get them excited too!
- Limit the amount of Entertainment/Television/Movies/Gaming, etc
- Plan your meals early – Ramadan is not just about food but since we need to eat and drink, plan your menu in advance and make all necessary preparations so you don’t waste time in the kitchen.
- Shop now – get your shopping done early, stock up on groceries and your Eid clothes too so you’re not frequenting the shops when you can be benefiting from the virtue of this auspicious month.
It’s been a year since the last Ramadan, take this opportunity to get back into the zone so you don’t waste valuable time trying to find your feet. Prepare early, prepare well and get ready for the month of Mercy.
Ramadan with a 6 and 3-year-old this year should be fun and interesting In Sha Allah. Circumstances may change each year but the yearning for Allah’s mercy remains and continues to grow. This is also of the blessings of Ramadan.